Sametime 8.5 and 8 User CoursesClick here for Quickr User Courses
Click here for Notes User Courses
TLCC user training for Sametime 8 is the easiest, most effective way to train thousands of users simultaneously - at an incredibly low cost-per-user. For a low one time license price (significantly less than the cost of other training options) you get all the courses you need to train your users on the Sametime 8 and 8.5 Connect client, the web conferencing facility and the new 8.5 Meeting Rooms.
The Sametime 8 user site license includes the following Sametime courses:
Click here to see the course description and outlines for the Sametime 8.5 and 8 user courses
- Sametime 8.5 Instant Messaging - This course covers the Sametime 8.5 Connect client.
- Sametime 8.5 Web Conferencing - This course covers how to use Sametime 8.5 Web Conferencing, including how to schedule, attend, and present using Sametime's Web Conferencing client.
- Sametime 8.5 Meetings - This course covers how to use the new Sametime 8.5 Meeting Room capability, including how to create your own personal rooms, present shared content from the Library and manage participant permissions and room content.
- Using Sametime 8 Connect - This course covers the Sametime 8 Connect client.
- Web Conferencing Using Sametime 8 - This course covers how to use Sametime 8 Web Conferencing, including how to schedule, attend, and present using Sametime's Web Conferencing client.
Below is an image of the Sametime 8.5 Meetings course in a web browser.
|Flexible Delivery - TLCC’s user courses are delivered as a set of Notes databases which are easily deployed in your existing Sametime implementation. The courses can be taken using a Notes client or a web browser. The advantages of TLCC's flexible delivery are:
- The course is delivered to each student's workstation using your existing Sametime server infrastructure.
- No additional hardware, software or licensing requirements.
- No additional classroom, travel, or out-of-office costs.
- The course content can be customized using a Notes client to meet your specific requirements and to deploy, administer and support the course.
- Integrated student activities are highly interactive and provide immediate reinforcement of the lessons.
- No simulations are used. Real student activities are the most effective and engaging way to reinforce learning.
Click here to see a bigger image of the course in a web browser
The Notes 8 sidebar can also be used to display a list of the lessons from the Sametime courses. The user can then click on a particular lesson in the sidebar and that lesson will open in the Notes client in a new tab.
Click here to see this feature in action
Self Paced Learning - TLCC’s user courses are designed to allow students to proceed through the material at their own pace. Students can start the course at any time and return to the course as needed to learn or review the topics. Your user support team monitors the integrated course Discussion database and responds to students’ questions. This "open door" design allows thousands of students to take the course at the same time, makes it easy to coordinate training with your rollout, and reduces the need for course administration and instructor support.
Interactive Student Activities - A student activity is combined with almost every lesson. This learning model provides immediate reinforcement of the important points or procedures in the lesson and maximizes retention.
NEW! Movies - The Sametime 8 courses include short movies which illustrate the procedures in the course. These movies have text callouts to highlight what the learner should focus on while watching the movie.
Course Discussion Monitoring and Support - TLCC’s user courses include a Discussion database which allows students to post questions linked to the lessons in the course. The Discussion database provides a communication link between your user support team and the students as they take the course. The advantages of providing course discussion monitoring and support are:
An agent can be enabled to send an email to the user support team to notify them of any new posts in the Discussions. In addition, the Discussion database can be disabled if you desire not to use it in your deployment.
Instant Messaging Support - A button can be enabled to allow students to chat with instructors if they are using a Notes 6.5 or higher client or a web browser to view the course. This button is available in the lessons form and also on all discussion forms. The feature requires an Instant Messaging (Sametime) server.
Help system - Context-sensitive help is available to describe how to use the course, how to post questions, and how to use the course-related discussions.
Module Self Assessments or Quizzes - Each module includes a self-assessment quiz. The format for the self-assessments is Multiple Choice and True/False questions. For each question, the student can display the correct answer and compare their response. Self-assessments provide immediate feedback, allowing the student to assess their understanding of material presented in the current course module.
Optional Final Exam - An optional final exam can be enabled to test each student on their comprehension of the material or to ensure compliance with mandatory course completion policies. Detailed exam summary results are posted in the Exams database, allowing an Exam Administrator to identify students who may require additional training.
Optional Course Customization - The material in the TLCC user courses can be customized to best suit the needs of the target students and your implementation. Detailed procedures and customization recommendations are included in the Course Setup Database which is included with the course material. The advantages of TLCC course customization include:
- Allows you to easily provide specific student support.
- Students can get help and do not feel they have nowhere to turn if they are “lost.”
- Provides immediate feedback during the rollout and training phases of your upgrade project.
- Students can learn from other students’ questions and answers.
System Requirements - Either a Notes client or a web browser is needed by each student to be able to take the course and do all demonstrations and activities.
Course Pricing - TLCC’s user courses are sold via a one-time site license based on the number of users. The site license includes access to all of the courses listed above. TLCC provides support for installation related questions for 30 days after purchase. The purchase of a maintenance contract allows for access to the latest releases of the user courses and installation and customization support beyond the 30-day period. This optional annual maintenance is available for 15% of the total license fee.
- Customize content to best suit the needs of the target students and your implementation.
- Create and customize different versions of the course for different groups of students.
- Use the familiar Notes client to easily customize the content.
Click here to contact TLCC via email and request a customized quote for the TLCC Sametime user courses
Or call TLCC at 888-241-8522 (561-953-0095 outside the U.S. and Canada)
Interested in our Notes and Quickr courses too? Contact us for special bundled pricing for the Notes, Sametime, and Quickr courses.
Click here for Notes user course information
Click here for Quick user course information
Course Demonstration - Free demonstrations of TLCC’s user courses are available. You need to be a registered user on TLCC's web site and fill out a evaluation request to access the demonstration.
Follow the following steps to get a FREE demonstration of TLCC's user courses:
Number of users in Directory
License Price per user
|50 to 100 users (a minimum of 50 users must be purchased)|
101 to 250 users
251 to 500 users
501 to 1,000 users
1,001 to 3,000 users
3,001 to 5,000 users
5,001 to 10,000 users
|10,001 to 25,000 users|
25,001 to 50,00 users
|50,001 or more users|
Contact TLCC for help or further information.
Click here to send mail to TLCC.
- If do not have a TLCC username then please register to get one.
Click here to register.
- Once you obtain a TLCC username complete a short evaluation request form.
Click here to fill out a evaluation request.